Metro Health Hospital’s OB-GYN Residency is a 4-year comprehensive, hands-on, surgical and clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology training program. This program will fully prepare you for private practice or continued training in a subspecialty fellowship as a women’s health care provider.
Metro Health Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology program offers:
- Extensive surgical training and experience in OB-GYN surgical procedures
- Excellent clinical training and experience in our continuity OB-GYN clinic
- A strong broad-based clinical and academic program
- A hands-on program beginning with your first year
- Exceptional subspecialty rotations in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynecological Oncology
Metro Health Hospital is affiliated with sixteen other osteopathic hospitals and Michigan State University in the Consortium of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Education and Training (SCS) Statewide Campus System. Residents attend procedural workshops and monthly lectures featuring national speakers. Second year residents attend a weekly conference for basic science and clinical training along with a three-day pelvic anatomy dissection course. In addition to the SCS affiliation we are also affiliated with Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center for Health Professions, which offers monthly lectures from national speakers for the Grand Rapids OB-GYN community. This affiliation gives residents the opportunity to receive some of their training at other hospitals.
Learn about the Curriculum.