Metro Health Hospital is a nonprofit 501 c (3) organization. It is our mission to help improve the health and well-being of our community. We do this as part of our philosophy of giving. Each month we receive numerous requests for contributions from many fine organizations and individuals. Unfortunately, we cannot fund all requests. We have established priorities for giving to help us make sponsorship decisions.
Due to the volume of requests to Metro Health for funding or sponsorship, we are unable to receive requests in person or by telephone. All requests should be made in writing at least 90 days before the donation is required.
Metro Health focuses its philanthropy on health care related services. Funding for athletic or sports events is considered case by case. School programs requesting sponsorship should focus on educating and improving students’ and the community’s health.
Preference is given to projects related to health services and to those in communities served by Metro Health Hospital
We are able to give contributions only to public agencies, schools or to charitable nonprofit groups designated 501(c)3 by the IRS. You must include documentation of your IRS status with your request.
We generally do not approve contributions for
- For-profit organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Religious or fraternal organizations
- Organizations already receiving our support through other campaigns or drives
- Programs not focused on our service area
- Operations support
- Door prizes or raffles
To be eligible for funding consideration, organizations must:
- Not supplicate or significantly overlap the work of public agencies on the federal, state, and local level.
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, military service or status or Vietnam-era veteran status.
- Observe the highest standards of business conduct in its relationships with the public.
Anyone soliciting contributions or sponsorships must complete a community benefit sponsorship application. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot give responses by telephone or in person. If a request is approved, notification will be sent by mail.