Metro Health Hospital has been honored for its award-winning heart care by:
- 2011 Silver Performance Achievement Award from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry as part of its inaugural Acute Coronary Treatment and International Outcome Network “Get with the Guidelines” program. The award acknowledged Metro Health’s efforts to deliver high-level quality care to patients experiencing a heart attack.
- 2008 VHA Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence for our work in the area of heart failure and pneumonia. Metro Health was in the top 10 percent of national performance standards over four quarters in 2006-07. VHA, Inc. is a national health care alliance that annually honors hospitals for meeting or exceeding national performance standards for clinical care in specific areas.
- 2006 Governor’s Award for quality and safety, as well as special recognition as one of Michigan’s 18 top-performing hospitals. Metro Health received special recognition from Gov. Jennifer Granholm as the recipient of the 2006 Governor’s Recognition of Excellence for the Appropriate Care Measure Award. This award, which was based on 2006 clinical data, puts Metro Health in the top 10 percent of all hospitals in the state for its treatment of pneumonia, congestive heart failure and heart attack.
- The 2005 Voluntary Hospital of America Leadership Award for clinical excellence in the care of patients with heart attacks and heart failure.
- The 2005 Astra Zeneca Health Heart Award, recognizing drastic improvements in the health care environment by focusing on the global fight against coronary heart disease.
- In 2004, Metro Health was the first community hospital in Michigan to receive permission to provide emergent angioplasty to heart attack victims.
- The 2003 and 2004 Governor’s Award of Excellence for Improving Care in the Hospital Setting for Heart Attacks and Heart Failure. Metro Health was also recognized for Improving Care in the Emergency Department Setting for Heart Attacks.
To read about other awards and recognition Metro Health has received, click here.