Designed for You
The new Metro Health Hospital is designed with you in mind – no matter who you are. Patients, visitors, physicians and staff will all benefit from features included especially for them. Features incorporated into the design of the facility were selected to help make patients and visitors more comfortable, help speed healing, and make it easier for physicians and staff to do their jobs efficiently and safely.
- Every patient room is private with a 37-inch flat-screen television and a couch that becomes a bed for a visiting loved one.
- Every patient room is set up in an identical fashion. The bed, equipment, restroom and more are located in the same place in each room to ensure that caregivers can easily locate needed materials.
- Lighting in patient rooms can be adjusted by zone to accommodate patients, visitors and caregivers.
- Halls are curved, natural light streams in and paint colors reflect nature which creates an interior environment that helps soothe and calm patients, their families and visitors.
Experience the many ways Metro Health Hospital is “Built to Heal”.
- Our 48,500 square-foot green roof and other features to improve air quality and energy efficiency have earned Metro Health Hospital LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
- Healing gardens, park areas and the fully accessible Frog Hollow playground are unique outdoor features.