New Technology for Safety and Efficiency
One of the key technological advances at the new facility is our state-of-the-art information technology system-the most advanced of any health care system in our region. At the center of this is MetroConnect, our new electronic medical record (EMR) system. MetroConnect is a powerful tool that provides greater access to information for both patients and physicians. Metro Health care providers now have instant, secure access to medical records and real-time test results. Patients can email their doctor, schedule appointments, renew prescriptions and more – all from the convenience of their own computer.
Click here to learn more about MetroConnect.
"I thank God I’m here today, and I certainly thank the people at Metro Health Hospital for the care I got. Without all the lifesaving technology that was here, I wouldn’t be here today."
-Head Injury Patient
Some Other Innovative Features:
- Operating room system that enables staff to quickly and easily route X-ray images onto 40-inch screens
- Spacious surgical suites equipped with a boom system to keep medical equipment off the floor to enable better positioning and use of space
- Video cameras in operating rooms to record procedures for educational purposes
- Wireless Internet access throughout the entire
Metro Health Village
- Hands-free wireless voice communication system to provide instant two-way conversations through a special badge with no need to remember phone numbers
- A Voice Over Internet Protocol system (VoiP), which uses phones to communicate over the same digital network as the computers and allows for the integration of voicemail and e-mail
- Advanced nurse call system that improves patient-staff communication and allows nurses to monitor critical medical equipment, such as ventilators
- 37-inch flat-screen monitors in patient rooms for viewing a multitude of information and entertainment
- State-of-the-art security systems throughout hospital and in the Spartan Stores Family Childbirth Center
- All new medical imaging and patient monitoring equipment, including methods to quickly share digital images throughout the Metro Health system