Chronic sleep problems affect some 40 million Americans and have a big impact on health and happiness. That’s why the Metro Health Sleep Lab is dedicated to diagnosing and treating sleep disorders and getting patients back on the road to a good night’s sleep.
It’s a critical issue when you consider:
- The majority of American adults don’t get the recommended eight hours of sleep needed for optimal health, safety and performance.
- Insufficient sleep has been linked to medical conditions including obesity, diabetes and hypertension.
- An estimated 1,500 fatalities and 71,000 injuries from motor vehicle accidents on U.S. roads every year are the result of drowsy driving.
- Sleep deprivation costs Americans more than $100 billion annually in lost productivity, medical expenses, sick leave, and property damage.
- Snoring and daytime drowsiness could be the result of obstructive sleep apnea, a serious disorder characterized by brief interruptions of breathing during sleep.
Source: National Sleep Foundation
Find out if your daytime drowsiness needs attention. Take this simple sleepiness test.