Metro Health Hospital’s Joint Replacement Program is an acute care, hospital based program that offers a distinctive approach to elective knee and hip replacement surgeries.
The orthopedic surgeon leads our team of specialty nurses, physical therapists and occupational therapists to work with each patient toward their goals of pain relief and improving function. Every detail, from pre-admission educational class to post-operative exercises, is designed to efficiently and safely restore patients to a higher quality of living with their new prosthetic joint.
Features and Services:
- Private patient rooms on a dedicated orthopedic care unit
- Standardization of care
- Mandatory preadmission educational class prior to surgery
- Dedicated core nursing and therapy staff
- Atmosphere of wellness (casual dress code, coach participation, focus on functional outcomes)
- Individual physical and occupational therapy sessions and twice-daily group physical therapy sessions
Level Three of Metro Health Hospital, 5900 Byron Center Ave. SW, Wyoming, MI 49519.
Patients enter into Joint Replacement Program after undergoing an elective total hip, total knee or partial knee replacement at Metro Health Hospital.
For information, call: (616) 252-7306