Research Training Requirements
Getting Started in Research
If you plan on conducting human subjects research at Metro Health, you’ll need the following information to complete the Institutional Review Board (IRB) required research ethics training.
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
Plan on dedicating 1-1/2 to 2 hours to completing this course. Your User ID and password will allow ongoing access at any time that’s convenient for you so you don’t need to complete the course in one sitting.
A certificate will automatically be sent to the IRB electronically. If you need help or have questions, please contact Jennifer Rice at (616) 252-5026.
- Go to citiprogram.org.
- Register or sign-in where indicated.
- Affiliate yourself with Metro Health by selecting “Metro Health – Wyoming, Michigan”.
- Select “Basic Biomedical Research” and then click “Continue”.
- Begin your Biomedical Research Course by clicking on the red link “Incomplete – Re-Enter”.
- Complete all the required modules. A cumulative score of 80 percent or greater is required. If your score is less than 80 percent, you’ll need to re-do the modules until your score is at least 80 percent.
- Once you have completed your CITI Basic Biomedical Course, sign out.