Updated Visitor Policy
In response to Governor Whitmer’s Executive order, effective immediately, all healthcare facilities and residential care facilities must prohibit all visitors. In addition, as of March 25 at 9 pm, no visitors will be allowed in the adult ICU.
This includes the following exceptions:
- Visitors necessary for the provision of medical care for a patients.
- Visitors who support activities of daily living for a patient.
- Visitors who must exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for a patient.
- Parents, foster parents or guardians of patients who are 21 years of age or under.
- Visitors to a patient who is in serious or critical condition or in hospice care.
- Those who are visiting under exigent circumstances.
- Visitors performing official governmental functions.
Metro Health – University of Michigan Health has developed a free online screening tool to help you self-assess your current health conditions. This tool will walk you through a series of questions and determine what next step is recommended for you. Click here to start your screening.