Metro Health is a nonprofit, 501c(3) organization. Our mission is to help improve the health and well-being of our community, and we are proud to support similar efforts in other organizations and community groups. We receive numerous requests for contributions from many fine organizations and individuals. Because we can’t fund all requests, we have established priorities for giving to help us make sponsorship decisions. We’re unable to receive requests in person or by telephone. All requests should be made in writing at least 90 days before the donation is required.
Preference is given to projects related to health care services and to those in communities served by Metro Health Hospital. Funding for athletic or sports events is considered case by case. School programs requesting sponsorship should focus on educating and improving the health of students and the community.
We can only make contributions to public agencies, schools or to charitable nonprofit groups designated 501(c)3 by the IRS. You must include documentation of your IRS status with your request.
We generally do not approve contributions for:
- For-profit organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Religious or fraternal organizations
- Organizations already receiving our support through other campaigns or drives
- Programs not focused on our service area
- Operations support
- Door prizes or raffles
To be eligible for funding consideration, organizations must:
- Not supplicate or significantly overlap the work of public agencies on the federal, state and local level
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, military service or status or Vietnam-era veteran status
- Observe the highest standards of business conduct in its relationships with the public
Anyone soliciting contributions or sponsorships must complete a community sponsorship application. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot give responses by telephone or in person. If a request is approved, we’ll notify you or your organization by mail.