Metro Health Village Walking/Biking Trails
Walking is a gentle, low-impact exercise just about anyone can enjoy. The Metro Health Village has a number of walking routes and even a bike trail – all perfect for an afternoon stroll with the kids or a quick, weeknight workout. Download our Walking/Bike Route map here: MHV Walking-Biking Trails Map-Feb 2015
Check out our Training Program. Even if you’re not looking to set any world records, this program will have you up and active in no time!
Don’t forget, we also have our annual Metro Way 5K & Family Fun Run that utilizes portions of the Metro Health Village trails, paths and routes. Sign-up today!
Walking Safety Tips
- Wear a medical bracelet if you have a medical condition.
- Carry a cell phone, and let someone know you’re walking routes.
- Avoid deserted or unlit streets, especially after dark.
- Do not use headphones that prevent you from hearing traffic.
- Always walk on the sidewalk; if there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
- Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections, if possible.
- Watch for turning vehicles; make sure the driver sees you and will stop for you.
- Cross in a well-lit area at night, and wear reflective material or carry a flashlight so others can see you.
- Always make way for emergency vehicles.