Metro Way 5K/10K & Kids Races!
Thursday, July 26, 2018
Kids Races – 6:00 pm
MyTeam Triumph – 6:28 pm
Metro Way 5k / 10k – 6:30 pm
Metro Health – University of Michigan Health
5900 Byron Center Ave SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
Run for Fun with Metro Health!
This family-friendly event welcomes people of all ages and abilities – walkers, competitive runners and everyone in between. Get your family off the couch, try a new exercise challenge or beat your personal best time – the Metro Way makes it fun!
Events & Registration
Metro Way 5K/10K
FREE Kids Races – Ages 3-12
*Please note: Kids Race participants do not receive race t-shirts. T-shirts are reserved for registered 5K/10K participants, while supplies last.
Register for the 5K or 10K before July 17, 2018, to receive a FREE race t-shirt!
Email Livehealthy@metrogr.org to learn more!
Click here for the 2018 Metro Way 5K/10K route map!
Click here for the 2018 Race Packet!
Entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable
- Entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to, cancellation of the event or of your participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. An event may be canceled due to severe weather or other factors that threaten the safety of participants, staff, or volunteers. Race bibs cannot be transferred to another participant. We also do not
- allow entries to be rolled over to another year.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund. If you cannot participate in the event, you may not sell your race number to anyone else.
- Runners who participate in races they are not registered for will be disqualified.
Threatening weather conditions cancellation policies
- Runners, their families and guests, our employees and our volunteers safety is our first priority. The Metro Way 5k/10k will happen with safe weather. When conditions present a danger to our runners, their families, our staff and our volunteers, Metro Health officials maintain the right to cancel or postpone the start of each event. Such conditions will not result in refunding of any race entry fees or future event credits.
- The Metro Way 5k/10k may be canceled or delayed if any of the following weather conditions exist: storm watch or warning, thunderstorms, extreme thunderstorms and lightning, hail, heavy hail storms, extreme high winds – anywhere in the vicinity of the race area.
Start of the race / cancellation of the event
- The start of any of the events may be delayed up to one (1) hour from the posted start time if any of the above mentioned conditions exist. The events may be canceled if any of the weather conditions continue and we deem it unsafe for our participants to race.
Authority to cancel the event
- The Race Director, in accordance with the City of Wyoming and Metro Health – University of Michigan Health, and local law enforcement, has the authority to cancel the event. If threatening weather conditions force cancellation of the events, no refunds will be provided, since funds were already spent in preparation for race day.
If canceled, how we are going to get the word out?
- If the event is canceled before or less than 24 hours prior to the official start time, all participants will be notified via email that you provided in your registration, and the information will be posted on our Facebook page, and our official race website metrohealth.net/5k.