A Tradition of Excellence
Metro Health has a long tradition of excellent patient care that focuses on the whole patient, and not just a person’s illness or injury. As such, Metro Health patients frequently comment on the quality of their care and the dedication displayed by our caregivers.
Over the years, our dedication to excellence in care has been recognized. Here’s just a sampling of that recognition:
- Recognized for our contribution to the West Michigan Glycemic Collaborative (WMGC) with Saint Mary’s Health Care and Spectrum Health and Diabetes Care Centers by the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan. April 2010
- Recipient of the PEAK (Performance Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Award for sustained excellent performance in the Patient Experience category. April 2010
- Named among the Top 10 Percent of Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities for delivering effective, efficient and patient-centered care by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation.2009
- Recognized with an Excellence Through Insight Award from HealthStream Research for Overall Emergency Department Satisfaction, Overall Outpatient Satisfaction and Overall Inpatient Satisfaction for medium-sized hospitals, as well as most improved overall outpatient satisfaction. Additionally, three units were recognized for their overall satisfaction score: Inpatient-Med Surg, Outpatient-Lab and Outpatient Radiology/Imaging. 2009
- As part of the West Michigan Glycemic Collaborative, Metro Health Hospital was recognized as the Diabetes Champion of the Year by the Michigan ADA. This was based on innovative approaches to the management of diabetes. October 2009
- Recognized with the Outstanding Performance on Dysphagia Screening by the Michigan Stroke Registry and Quality Improvement Project and the Michigan Department of Community Health.2009
- Recognized with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades for superior patient satisfaction. 2009
- Recipient of the MIDAS+ Platinum Quality Award for 2007. The award was based on performance in various medical conditions and procedures. April 2009
- Recipient of the PEAK (Performance Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Award for top performance in core measures for Heart Failure Care and Pneumonia Care. April 2009
- Recipient of the 2007 Governor’s Award for Appropriate Care Measures, Surgical Care Improvement, and Emergency Department Measures. September 2008
- Recipient of VHA Leadership Award (Voluntary Hospitals of America) for clinical excellence in the care of patients with acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), congestive heart failure and pneumonia. (vha.com) 2005, 2007 & 2008
- Named a 100 Top Hospitals National Award winner in the teaching hospitals category by Thomson Reuters, an independent leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of health care. The award honors hospitals that have achieved excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance, efficiency and other benchmarks when compared against their peers. More than 2,800 hospitals nationwide were analyzed; Metro Health is the only hospital in the greater Grand Rapids area to be named as a winner. (100tophospitals.com) March 2007, March 2008, March 2009.