Promoting a Safe Environment
At Metro Health, we’re committed to providing a safe environment for everyone; whether you’re a patient, visitor or member of our Metro Health team. Every member of the Metro Health team is expected to contribute toward the promotion of safety and prevention of injury. Metro Health’s culture of safety is achieved through the capable, coordinated and efficient efforts of each individual’s contribution toward these goals.
Our culture of safety is demonstrated by our:
- Acknowledgement of the high-risk nature of the organization’s activities
- Non-punitive environment for event reporting to encourage frank disclosure of errors, adverse events and near misses to stimulate productive discussions, and to identify effective system-based solutions
- Broad involvement in the development of patient and occupational safety goals and policies
- Collaboration in the identification and resolution of patient and occupational safety concerns
- Empowerment of individuals to meet their responsibilities for all aspects of safety
- Encouragement of patients and families to actively evaluate their care and the environment in which it’s delivered and to report any unsafe or unsatisfactory conditions they may encounter
Metro Health’s focus on safety is evident through our on-going participation with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s 5 Million Lives Campaign, the National Quality Forum’s Safe Practices, Leapfrog, the Michigan Health and Safety Coalition, the Joint Commission’s National Patient Safety Goals and the Michigan Hospital Association Keystone Center for Patient Safety and Quality.
Metro Health and You…Partners in Safer Health Care
While every member of the Metro Health team is committed to providing a safe environment, there are also things that you can do to ensure safe health care. You and Metro Health are truly partners in this effort, and we encourage you to ask questions and let us know right away if you have any safety concerns.
A PDF viewer is required to open this file. We recommend Adobe Acrobat which is available for free. Click here to download.