Our Environmental Mission
For a Healthier Today… and Tomorrow
Metro Health Hospital recognizes the interdependence mankind has with the natural environment. As an institution committed to improving the health and well-being of our patients and the communities around us, Metro Health Hospital will work to promote healthy and progressive business practices to enhance and protect the environment around us, thus maintaining a sustainable business.
In order to foster the “Best Experience” for our patients, employees, physicians and the communities that depend on us, Metro Health Hospital will carry out this environmental policy in the following manner:
- Emphasize continuous quality improvement activities to promote and protect the needs of the environment.
- Promote the elimination, reduction and recycling opportunities of waste whenever feasible and prudent.
- Work closely with knowledgeable organizations (ie. Practice Greenhealth, U.S. Green Building Council’s West Michigan Chapter, West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality) for guidance, knowledge and further understanding of sustainable business practices in West Michigan.
- Provide transparent information to our colleagues, patients and the community on the environmental goals Metro Health Hospital has set forth and achieved.
- Active membership in the Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen (C3) program.
- Facilitate effective training to our colleagues on the procedures and processes mandated by the local, state and federal regulations.
- Empower colleagues to voice their opinions to promote progressive thinking that benefits the environment, society and the economy (eg. suggestion boxes, quarterly meetings).
View our Sustainability Reports to see how Metro Health is making a difference in our community.
2013 Sustainability Report
2014 Sustainability Report
2015 Sustainability Report