It’s more important than ever to pay attention to your health. We give you choices:
See your provider in person
*Metro Health is asking all patients to wear a mask or face covering for in person appointments. Please bring your own mask or face covering with you to your appointment.
With new safety procedures in place, most of our outpatient offices are open and ready to see you. Details for your visit and safety instructions are provided below. Please contact your provider with specific appointment requests and questions.
You can connect online with your provider for a video discussion from the safety and comfort of your own home. Learn more about Virtual Visits here.
If you are an established Metro Health patient, E-visits are available to handle routine health issues such as allergies, nausea, diarrhea, rash, headaches and more. Log in to your MyChart account to begin an E-visit.
With your safety in mind, we have developed procedures to protect you during your visit. We’re controlling the number of patients inside at any given time, and we’re using our expertise to keep you safe.
Here’s what to expect:
- Schedule your visit through MyChart or by calling your provider’s office.
- You must bring your own mask to the appointment. This is a statewide requirement. If you need help making your own mask, here are simple instructions. We won’t be able to provide you with a mask, so be sure to prepare.
- When you arrive, stay in your car. Call us to let us know you are here.
- You will use MyChart to check-in to limit your time in the office. We will discuss this with you prior to your appointment.
- Our staff will come out to greet you and escort you inside or call to let you know when it’s safe to enter the building.
- Our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment. Don’t be alarmed. This is to keep patients, employees and the community safe.
Please note we still have restrictions for visitors, and in most cases patients will have to enter the building alone. Read the current Visitor Policy here.