- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters.
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electric formats, other formats).
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters.
- Information written in other languages.
If you need these services, contact Metro Health’s Patient Relations Coordinator.
If you are a patient or member of the public and you believe that Metro Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion, you can file a grievance with:
If you are a participant in Metro Health’s group health plan and you believe that Metro Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion, you can file a grievance with:
5900 Byron Center SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Patient Relations Coordinator or Benefits Administrator are available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office of Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
Complaint forms are available at https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html