Barbara A. Mieras Joins Metro Health Foundation Board; 2015-2016 Officers Elected
Metro Health Hospital Foundation has welcomed Barbara A. Mieras to its board of directors and announced its officers for the 2015 – 2016 term.
Mieras has an extensive background in philanthropy, serving as executive vice president for advancement and president of the foundation before she retired from Davenport University in 2012. During her 28-year career at Davenport, she served in many leadership roles with the organization, including president of Davenport College prior to the merger that elevated it to university status.
“The Metro Health Foundation plays a pivotal role in providing quality health care to our patients,” said Jennifer Wilson, foundation director. “Having strong leadership in place to guide our efforts is vital in growing the foundation’s initiatives. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Mieras to our board, and to announce our new officers.”
The new executive committee will be:
- Michael Damstra, president of Carelinc Medical, chairman
- Brandon Bissell, director of marketing at Imperial, vice chairman
- Kaitlyn Disselkoen Swan, director of sales and marketing at GR Outdoor, treasurer
- Michael Garrett, president of Pinnacle Construction Group, Inc., secretary and board development chairman
- Carol J. Karr, attorney at Miller Johnson, past chairwoman
Damstra has previously served as the vice chairman while the remaining executive committee members are new to their roles.
“We thank our past board members for their dedication to building a Foundation that is able to provide grants and assistance to Metro Health and the patients it serves,” Wilson said. “We look forward to the new board continuing this legacy.”
For more information about Metro Health Hospital Foundation, please visit: https://www.metrohealth.net/foundation.