Child Life Internship
Thank you for your interest in the child life internship at Metro Health – University of Michigan Health. We offer one summer semester 15 week 600 hour clinical internship under the direct supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist. The intern will gain knowledge and competence in child life practice and child development theory, learn to assess patients and plan/implement interventions, communicate with the multi-disciplinary team, complete chart notes and patient statistics, and gain confidence in the hospital setting. We require weekly readings, assignments, discussion topics, in-services, and hands-on clinical experiences to prepare students for a career in child life. This internship is unpaid and full-time (40 hours/week).
- Completion of a Child Life Practicum
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Minimum of 10 classes approved by the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) including a course taught by a Certified Child Life Specialist (Eligibility Assessment)
- Minimum of 100 hours of experience with well infants, children, youth and/or families
- Minimum of 100 hours of experience with infants, children, youth and/or families in stressful situations, health care settings and/or programs designed for children with special needs
Click here for application deadlines.
- Completed Common Child Life Internship Application
- Verification of volunteer hours
- Verification of Child Life Practicum Experience Form (or In-Progress Form)
- Copy of ACLP Eligibility Assessment Report
- Child Life Course Verification Form (or In-Progress Form)
- Transcripts from all attended colleges and universities. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application. Official transcripts are required upon selection into program.)
Email completed application to: email@example.com