Childbirth Center Visitation Policy
At Metro Health – University of Michigan Health, we want you to be able to celebrate the birth of your newborn in peace and comfort. Our visitation policies are meant to help provide you with a stress-free experience.
- The father of the baby OR the mother’s significant other will be able to spend the night. Only one person may spend the night.
- Individuals being triaged to determine whether or not they will be admitted may have one support person in the triage area with them.
- Visiting hours are 8:00 am – 8:00 pm seven days a week once the baby is born. Visitors will not be restricted during this time period except as follows:
- Healthy children are allowed to visit during visiting hours only and require the supervision of an adult other than the new mother.
- Persons with any signs of illness will not be able to visit at any time.