Diabetes Prevention Program
The Diabetes Prevention Program, recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for its proven success rate, will begin this March for a full year of accountability. Using the CDC approved curriculum, participants will meet weekly with their CDC trained Lifestyle Coach for 16 weeks, biweekly for 4 months, then monthly for 4 months. You may be at risk for diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times a week
- Gave birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- BMI equal to or greater than 24
- Established risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diagnosed with pre-diabetes or previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
Join us for this information session and begin the journey to better health. If you are not sure if you are at risk, a helpful resource is an online quiz at cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention.
Information Meeting – Metro Health Southwest
Thursday, February 20 • 5:30 pm • FREE • First class starts March 5
Information Meeting – Metro Health Cedar Springs
Wednesday, February 26 • 10 am & 5:30 pm • FREE • First class starts March 18
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 252-8339, press option 1 for more information or to register.