Diabetes Prevention Program
The Diabetes Prevention Program, recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for its proven success rate, will begin this March for a full year of accountability. Using the CDC approved curriculum, participants will meet weekly with their CDC trained Lifestyle Coach for 16 weeks, biweekly for 4 months, then monthly for 4 months. You may be at risk for diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times a week
- Gave birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- BMI equal to or greater than 24
- Established risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diagnosed with pre-diabetes or previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
Join us for this information session and begin the journey to better health. If you are not sure if you are at risk, a helpful resource is an online quiz at cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention.