Matter of Balance
Classes have temporarily been suspended in order to keep everyone safe and healthy, and will resume when we believe it is safe to do so. Please check back regularly for updates.
This 8-session program provides participants with practical strategies to help reduce the fear of falling and improve balance. Caregivers can also benefit from the information and techniques.
During this class, participants will learn to:
- view falls and the fear of falling as controllable
- set realistic goals for increasing activity
- make adjustments in the home to reduce fall risk factors
- increase strength and balance through simple, easy to follow exercises
Who should attend this class:
- anyone who has concerns about falls, or has fallen in the past
- anyone who has given up activities due to concerns about falls