Metro Health Hospital Foundation Announces Recent Grants
The Metro Health Hospital Foundation approved more than $100,000 in grants to support programs and services provided by Metro Health.
Eight grants, ranging from $5,200 to $29,533, will support a wide variety of initiatives including family and community health, continuing education and support services for hospital patients.
The grants include:
- $15,750 to provide car seats and Pack’N Play playards to at-risk women through the Metro Health Community Clinic
- $10,000 for external speakers and group outings during the Family Bonds Cancer Support Group at the Cancer Center at Metro Health Village, which is part of the Bring Back Laughter program
- Almost $22,000 to purchase a bariatric hospital bed for comfortable testing for patients in the Metro Health Sleep Disorders Center
- $7,000 to help with financial assistance to meet ongoing emotional and social support needs for compassionate care fund patients
- More than $5,300 for a free community health screening for hunters in October 2015 to evaluate cardiac risk
“We look forward to seeing how the grants will impact the greater community and allow the hospital to continue to provide cutting edge health care to patients,” Jennifer Wilson, Metro Health Hospital Foundation director said. “We are grateful for the generosity of the community who have allowed us to provide these financial contributions.”