Metro Health Hospital Foundation Announces Winter Grants
The Metro Health Hospital Foundation has approved more than $150,000 in grants to support programs and services provided by the Hospital.
Ten grants ranging from $510 to nearly $40,000 will support a wide variety of initiatives, including the purchase of new equipment and the enhancement or expansion of services.
The 2008 winter grants include:
- Expanded book collection through the Skytron Medical Library to enhance patient and family understanding of medical conditions and treatment.
- Flat-panel monitors in each ultrasound room to enhance the patient and family experience as prospective mothers view their babies.
- Expansion of the hospital’s Vocera program, which improves patient care by enhancing critical communication with key areas throughout the hospital
- Uniforms for special needs students who volunteer to work in the hospital’s cafeteria.
- Funds to support the Hospital’s sixth Annual Research Day, which is designed to encourage medical research.
About Metro Health Hospital Foundation
The Metro Health Hospital Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the West Michigan community through philanthropy. The Foundation’s support of Metro Health Hospital allows individuals, organizations and businesses to contribute funds that prevent catastrophic illnesses, provide life-saving education and screenings, improve overall patient care and fund a wide variety of programs and services. Learn more.