Metro Health Offers Free Hearing Screenings
Metro Health Ear, Nose & Throat will offer free hearing screenings on May 9 as part of Better Hearing and Speech Month.
As part of Better Hearing Month, Metro Health ENT is encouraging individuals to be more aware of their hearing health. The free screenings, which take approximately 15 minutes, will be held from 1-5 p.m. at the Metro Health Southwest Plaza at 2215 44th Street in Wyoming. To schedule a screening time, call 616.252.5760.
Hearing loss currently affects more than 36 million Americans today. Although hearing problems are commonly associated with the normal aging process, more than half of all hearing-impaired persons are younger than 65 according to the American Academy of Audiology. With the increased use of personal music players and earbuds, the number of Americans experiencing hearing loss at a younger age is growing.
Indicators of hearing loss include:
- Frequently asking people to repeat themselves
- Turning your ear toward a sound to hear it better
- Losing your place in group conversations
- Keeping the volume on the radio or TV at a level others says is too loud
- Experiencing pain or ringing in the ears