Metro Health – University of Michigan Health and the Metro Health Hospital Foundation would like to express gratitude for the outpouring of support from local businesses, restaurants and community members.
“West Michigan is stepping up to rally around the health care community and we are so grateful,” said Greg Meyer, Chief Community Officer, Metro Health – University of Michigan Health. “We are working around the clock to ensure that our staff has the supplies and equipment needed to save lives and continue to provide safe, excellent care to our patients.”
A few highlights include:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and other vital supplies donated from nearly 250 businesses and individuals including Byrne Electric, Sherwin Williams, Amway, Steelcase, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Planet Fitness and Mitten Brewing.
- Delicious meals and snacks for employees from more than 50 restaurants, businesses and individuals including Camp Bow Wow Byron Center, The Gluten Free Bar, CSA of West Michigan, Hudsonville Ice Cream, Buddy’s Pizza, Chick-Fil-A, Grand Rapids Griffins, Nuance Communications, Sprinkles Donuts and Pizza Parliament Food Truck.
- Patient and caregiver messages submitted by the community through Metro Health’s website, handwritten cards for staff and inspiring signs and sidewalk chalk art.
- City of Wyoming and the Wyoming Fire Department display of the American flag outside of the hospital.
- Locally-made gifts for moms that deliver at Metro Health during visitor restrictions purchased with a grant from the Metro Health Hospital Foundation.
- Nearly $121,000 distributed to 88 Metro Health employees facing financial hardships related to COVID-19 from a relief fund established by the Metro Health Hospital Foundation. This is funded by the generosity of fellow staff members and community donors.
“The Metro Health Hospital Foundation is honored to be involved in these efforts, but it’s the community’s generosity that has made these added resources possible,” said Jaime Counterman, Director of the Metro Health Hospital Foundation. “We want to thank the community for their compassion during these unprecedented times.”
Metro Health continues to accept donations of unused PPE, inspiring messages for patients and meals for our hardworking staff. All donation information can be found on metrohealth.net/covid-19-updates.
Please also visit metrohealth.net/covid-19-updates for the most up-to-date information from the CDC and resources to protect yourself and prevent the spread of COVID-19.