Treatments & Capabilities
Metro Health is staffed, equipped and prepared to provide expert treatment 24/7 for adults and children with critical injuries and illness, including chest pain, stroke, and trauma.
As a Verified Level II Trauma Center, Metro Health measures up to rigorous standards set by the state of Michigan and verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. These standards assure that Metro Health has the capability to provide total care for every aspect of injury – from prevention through rehabilitation. This includes 24-hour immediate coverage by trauma surgeons, and prompt availability of specialties such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, and critical care.
The Emergency Department provides:
- Fast triage and short wait times – average time to see a physician and start treatment is approximately 30 minutes or less
- Immediate access for critical cases
- An accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Direct access to cardiac catheterization labs allowing fast treatment of heart attacks
- Child Life Specialist available to help children during emergency situations
- CT scanner and digital radiography rooms
- Connection to our electronic medical records system, ensuring instant access to patient medical history
- All-private patient rooms, most featuring flat screen TVs
- Comfortable, healing environment