Metro Health provides state-of-the-art digital mammography, including the latest in 2D & 3D technology, at Metro Health Hospital and many of our neighborhood outpatient centers throughout West Michigan.
The breast imaging area at Metro Health Hospital provides high-quality services in a private, professional atmosphere.
We are registered by the American College of Radiology, and our staff includes board certified radiologists, mammographic technologists who are registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, and registered nurses.
Every year, we perform 14,000 mammographic procedures. Keeping your comfort in mind, we use a special pad on our machines for a softer mammogram.
We provide comprehensive breast diagnostic services and second opinion consultations, including:
- Screening mammography, also known as an annual mammogram
- Breast physical examination, education and examination by RNs
- Breast self-examination instruction
- Breast ultrasound imaging
- Diagnostic mammography, for those who have a history of breast cancer or those who have symptoms such as pain, a lump, or discharge
- Ductography, a special imaging study of the mammary ducts
- Stereotactic core biopsy: A small sample of tissue is removed for evaluation using image guidance by X-ray equipment
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsy: A small sample of breast tissue is removed for evaluation using ultrasound guidance
- Ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration: Fluid within a cyst in the breast is removed
- Wire localization of breast lesion: A radiologist, using mammography or ultrasound guidance, identifies a particular region of the breast and a surgeon removes that tissue for analysis.