Treatments & Capabilities
Our experts in pulmonology provide a wide range of treatment capabilities for the respiratory system. Their work is supported by our affiliation with University of Michigan Health, one of the nation’s leading pulmonology programs.
Conditions treated include:
- COPD (bronchitis and emphysema)
- Zephyr Valve: A minimally invasive option for patients with severe COPD or emphysema. Doctors place a small valve in the airways to allow healthier parts of the lungs to expand and ease breathing. Patients must meet certain criteria to be eligible for the Zephyr Valve. Ask your primary care doctor or pulmonologist. You also can schedule an appointment by calling 616.252.5220 or by sending a message through MyChart.
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Smoking cessation
- Pleural disease
- Lung cancer
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy for the lungs
Pulmonary Function Testing:
- Complete Pulmonary Function Testing
- Lung Volume
- Gas Exchange (DLCO)
- Inspiratory & Expiratory Muscle Pressures
- Oxygen Titration
- Six-Minute Walk
- Methacholine Challenge
- Cardiopulmonary Stress
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO)
- Arterial Blood Gas
Lung Cancer Screening Clinic
Lung cancer is responsible for more cancer deaths than any other type of cancer. The best prevention is to quit smoking – and screening is available for early detection.
This is an individualized plan to help pulmonology patients attain better quality of life, manage shortness of breath and decrease hospitalizations.