Specially trained occupational therapists from Mary Free Bed provide services at Metro Health Hospital to help patients recover from surgery, injury or chronic conditions that affect the hands.
Hand therapists play a key role in recovery, strength, mobility and injury prevention.
- Static-splinting for protection and dynamic-splinting for increasing movement
- Patient and family education
- Methods to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Scar management
- Techniques to increase motion, dexterity and strength
- Joint protection education
- Manual therapy for joints and soft tissue