Metro Health partners with the experts at Mary Free Bed to provide therapeutic solutions and exercise techniques for the management of movement disorders.
By spending more one-on-one time with patients, our licensed physical therapists can closely monitor individual progress. Our therapists also stay connected with your physician, whether from a Metro Health family physicians’ office or referring practice.
- Total joint, shoulder and knee rehabilitation following surgery or injury
- Treatment of pain in lower back and neck using McKenzie and muscle energy methods and traction techniques
- Ankle and foot rehabilitation for sprains, strains, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis and post-surgery recovery
- Soft tissue therapy for tendonitis, fibrositis, tennis elbow and muscle spasms in neck and back
- TENS Evaluation – a portable electronic device used to evaluate and manage pain and muscle spasms
- Custom arch-support fitting and evaluation
- Aquatic therapy
- LSVT BIG Movement Therapy – exercise therapy that encourages the use of bigger movements to improve motor function for patients with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions
- Vestibular Therapy – helps patients overcome dizziness and imbalance associated with disorders of the inner ear and central nervous system
- Neurodevelopmental therapy – Treating neurological disorders including brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.