Specially trained occupational therapists from Mary Free Bed provide services at Metro Health Hospital to help patients recover from surgery, injury or chronic conditions that affect the hands. Whether applying splints, treating wounds or helping people regain strength and mobility our hand therapists play a key role in recovery and injury prevention.
- Static-splinting for protection and dynamic-splinting for increasing movement
- Patient and family education
- Methods to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Scar management
- Techniques to increase motion, dexterity and strength
- Joint protection education
- Manual therapy for joints and soft tissue