Metro Health partners with the experts at Mary Free Bed to provide therapeutic solutions and exercise techniques for the management of movement disorders. By spending more one-on-one time with patients, our licensed physical therapists can monitor each individual’s progress firsthand and modify treatment as necessary. Our therapists also stay connected with your physician, whether from a Metro Health family physicians’ office or referring practice.
Physical therapy services include:
- Total joint, shoulder and knee rehabilitation following surgery or injury
- Treatment of low back and neck pain using McKenzie and muscle energy methods and traction techniques
- Ankle and foot rehabilitation for sprains, strains, Achille’s tendonitis, plantar fasciitis and post-surgery recovery
- Soft tissue therapy for tendonitis, fibrositis, tennis elbow and muscle spasms in neck and back
- TENS Evaluation – a portable electronic device used to evaluate and manage pain and muscle spasms
- Custom arch-support fitting and evaluation (offered at the Metro Health Sports Medicine Center)
- Aquatic therapy (offered only at Metro Health Southwest and the Metro Health Sports Medicine Center)
- LSVT BIG Movement Therapy – exercise therapy that encourages the use of bigger movements to improve motor function for patients with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions (offered at Metro Health Hospital)
- Vestibular Therapy – helps patients overcome dizziness and imbalance associated with disorders of the inner ear and central nervous system (offered only at Metro Health Hospital and Metro Health Southwest)
- Neurodevelopmental Therapy – Treating neurological disorders including brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
We now offer exercise classes for patients with Parkinson’s Disease. Learn more and register today!