Metro Health has hired Press Ganey to survey patients. Here’s what you need to know if you are contacted:
- The caller ID number that will appear if you are called to participate in the survey is (574) 309-9553.
- If Press Ganey emails you, the email address will be from email@example.com.
- Metro Health will provide Press Ganey with basic information, such as your name, date of birth, phone number and email address (when available), and the date and location of service. No other personal details or information about your medical status or treatment will be provided. After the survey is completed, Press Ganey will destroy the patient lists they receive from Metro Health.
- Your responses will be shared with us for the purpose of improving the quality of patient care.
- The information we will use and share with Press Ganey is called “Protected Health Information.” It is protected by a federal law called the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). According to HIPAA regulation section § 164.506 (c)(1): “A covered entity may use or disclose protected health information for its own treatment, payment, or health care operations.” This quality project is part of our health care operations.
According to HIPAA regulation section § 164.502 (e)(1)(i): “A covered entity may disclose protected health information to a business associate and may allow a business associate to create or receive protected health information on its behalf, if the covered entity obtains satisfactory assurance that the business associate will appropriately safeguard the information.” Metro Health has worked closely with Press Ganey to ensure legal agreements and safeguards are in place to properly secure your data.
If you have any questions or concerns related to patient privacy, please visit our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Metro Health values your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey.